1) The vacuum furnace completely eliminates oxidation and decarburization of the workpiece surface during the heating process, and a clean surface with no deteriorating layer can be obtained. This is of great concern for the improvement of the cutting performance of tools that grind only one side when sharpened (such as the direct exposure of the decarburized layer on the groove surface to the cutting edge after grinding of the twist drill).
2) The vacuum furnace has no pollution to the environment and does not need to be treated with three wastes.
3) vacuum furnace temperature measurement, monitoring accuracy has improved significantly. Thermocouple indication and furnace temperature reach ±1.5°C. However, the temperature difference between different parts of the furnace in a large number of workpieces is relatively large. If forced circulation is performed with a rare gas, the temperature difference within ±5°C can still be controlled.
4) High degree of electromechanical integration. Based on the improvement of temperature measurement and control accuracy, workpiece movement, air pressure adjustment, power adjustment, etc. can be pre-programmed, and quenching and tempering can be performed according to the steps.
5) The energy consumption is significantly lower than that of the salt bath furnace. The modern advanced vacuum furnace heating chamber uses heat-insulating walls and barriers made of high-quality heat-insulating materials, which can highly concentrate the electric heat energy in the heating chamber, and has significant energy-saving effects.
Through this series of advantages, the vacuum furnace is superior to ordinary heat treatment furnaces in heat treatment, and the properties of the heat-treated products are naturally superior.