Vacuum Heat Treatment Furnace
Vacuum Sintering Furnace
Vacuum Brazing Furnace
Please send us your inquiry about the customization of other furnace types or related questions about vacuum furnace. We will reply you immediately. Thank you.
All documents in the overview
News & Press
All news at a glance
Send us a message
Tel : +86-21-50878190
24 hours online : +8613916614261
Whatsapp : +8613916614261
Wechat : 2210154395
Address: NO.1299, XinJinQiao Road, Pudong New Area, Shanghai, China.
Copyright © 2010-2021 Shanghai Gehang Vacuum Technology Co.,Ltd. All Rights Reserved.
Selection Guide for Vacuum Sintering Furnaces
Vacuum sintering means that powder, powder compact or other forms of materials are heated at an appropriate temperature in a vacuum environment, and the connection between particles is achieved by means of atomic migration. The purpose of sintering is to make the porous powder compact an alloy with certain structure and properties.
Advantages of vacuum sintering
1.Under vacuum sintering conditions, it is easy to control the carbon content of the alloy.
At the sintering temperature, the pressure in the furnace is only tens of Pascals (Pa), or even lower, and there are very few O2, N2, H2 and H2O molecules, many reactions can be ignored, and the influence of the medium is very small. As long as the dewaxing process is strictly controlled, the carbon content of the alloy changes very little during the vacuum sintering process, and the performance and structure are quite stable.
2.Under vacuum sintering conditions, the purity of cemented carbide can be improved.
Vacuum sintering is conducive to the reduction of metal oxides; the entire sintering cycle does not need to open the furnace door, no air enters, and almost no reaction involving N2 and O2 occurs.
3. Under the condition of vacuum sintering, there are few impurities adsorbed on the surface of the hard phase, which improves the wettability of the drill to the hard phase and improves the strength of the alloy, especially the alloy containing TiC.
4. The integration of dewaxing and sintering can reduce product oxidation and reduce the difficulty of carbon control; reduce equipment footprint and labor intensity.
5. Multi-atmosphere dewaxing-sintering integration, can control temperature, atmosphere and furnace pressure in different temperature sections, can realize isothermal sintering (insulation) at any temperature, and complete multiple functions, such as gradient alloy sintering.
In order to obtain good performance of various mechanical parts and processing tools, the following points need to be paid attention to:
1. Ultimate vacuum degree and leakage rate (related to the sealing of the furnace)
2. The time to pump to the ultimate vacuum (related to the quality of mechanical pumps and Roots pumps)
3. The fastest heating rate (sometimes required by the process)
4. Cooling speed (production efficiency) from the highest temperature to room temperature, with or without fast cooling device
5. The maximum temperature that the furnace can reach and the maximum operating temperature of the furnace
6. The specification and model of the vacuum gauge used
7. Whether the process gas can be passed, this involves the needs of use, if the sintered product sometimes needs some gas, then this is necessary.
Application and classification of vacuum sintering furnace
Vacuum sintering furnace is mainly used for sintering of powder metallurgy products, metal injection molding products, stainless steel substrates, hard alloys, superalloys, high specific gravity gold, ceramic materials, magnetic materials, NdFeB, etc.
There are two main classifications of vacuum furnaces: the first one is divided into ordinary sintering furnaces (1300°C and below), medium-temperature sintering furnaces (1300°C~1600°C), and high-temperature sintering furnaces (1600°C~2400°C) based on temperature. The second type is divided by the degree of vacuum, which can be divided into low vacuum, high vacuum and ultra-high vacuum sintering furnaces.
How to choose vacuum sintering furnace
The control system of the vacuum sintering furnace produced by SIMUWU is controlled by PLC, and the temperature is controlled by an intelligent temperature controller, which is accurate in control and high in automation. Widely used in cemented carbide, ceramic materials, carbon fiber graphitization. It is suitable for high-temperature sintering of cemented carbide, ceramic materials, and other alloy materials in vacuum or atmosphere. Furnace types include vacuum degreasing sintering furnace, powder metallurgy vacuum sintering furnace, cemented carbide tool sintering furnace, etc., to meet the needs of different customers.
MIM degreasing and sintering for ceramic hard alloy
Vacuum Oil Quenching for steel hardening heat treatment
Study on Vacuum Brazing Technology of Silver-Cu-Based Solder